Sunday, March 2, 2008

Parenting and Pony Rides

Last Saturday we went with a bunch of our friends to a traveling petting zoo. I have to say that I am not a PETA person but I do feel bad for these poor creatures and I'm a little ashamed that I went, but you start to get desperate for entertainment after the 4th solid month of freezing tempratures.

So, I was expecting it to be only animals but as you will see it was more like a back woods carnival being run by any Tom, Dick and convict they could find with a few farm animals sprinkled about. The rides were "vintage" and by that I mean they were not made to look old they were just...old. When we first walked in Addi went into hyperdrive, she was so overwhelmed by the rides (not noticing the animals at all) that her little pointer finger couldn't keep up with her eyes and carnival desires (I couldn't help myself). At this point I should have done what my wiser friend did. She told her kids that they were there to see the animals and they could go on one ride. But alas I put myself at the mercy of a child being over-endulged with no one to blame but myself. It wasn't long before Addi ditched her friends and was hopping from one ride to the next and barely taking it in before pointing and tugging to go to the next ride. I tried to divert her attention to the animals and her friends, to no avail. To say the least I was relieved when the tickets ran out.

All is not lost I believe, Addi did have a great time and I learned a lot about how to be a better parent with grounded children, thanks to my good friends who have them.


Merry-G0-Round

Addi's first and favorite ride, we should have stopped there.


Same ride, Hazel and her dad jumped on, at the last second which made it really fun for the girls.


Elephant Ride
(I believe the blue mark is an antibiotic of some kind covering a scratch)


Pony Ride
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: