Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disco Bowling

So last Friday we went candle pin bowling with some friends, it was great. If you haven't tried it you should, it is more challenging (I think) than regular bowling primarily because the ball is only a little larger than a soft ball and it is not uncommon (at least for me) to bowl it perfectly down the middle and only hit 2 pins down. They're so narrow that they just fall straight down without disturbing any of their neighbors (which is what I count on for my amazing 70+ scores). I may be exaggerating a little...but not much, luckily you get more tries per turn in "candle pin" as I'm sure the professional's call it. Some people were really good though, Jeff S. was a machine, he took his bowling very seriously. He would bowl one ball and watch it go down the lane then step back and palm another ball, and bowl, and repeat...his eyes never leaving the pins. (I am not a stalker, I just noticed this a couple of times and thought it was hilarious)

The real fun got started around 9:00pm (yes we had 6 children under the age of four) when they turned on the flashing lights, the Disco music and the black lights. All inhibition vanished (at least for me) and the moves were certainly a sight to see. We got home around 10:30 very tired but still buzzed (is that an appropriate word?) from all the fun. Here are a couple of short clips of Addi and Hazel dancing and bowling.

Break Dancing

The Waltz

Master Bowler

P.S. Addi is wearing another dress from "The Collection"

0 comments: