Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Gown for Gabi

My cute little niece Gabi was born with a venous malformation on her left cheek. It's not painful but if left untreated it will continue to grow. Threatening her left eye and proper use of her mouth. She goes to Colorado every six weeks for treatment. She has had 13 treatments so far and they think she's about half-way there. My sister mentioned to me that the hospital gowns are uncomfortable and threadbare so I thought I'd whip up a little gown that would hopefully make the process a little more comfortable.

The pocket (hard to see) has a extra large button hole inside it so they can slip the heart monitor through easily.

10 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Awe!!! That is so cute! You know, I bet you could make a good living off of these adorable gowns! You are so sweet (under statement I know) to make this for her. I'm sure she will LOVE it!

Ashley said...

I am tearing. You are too kind! Thankyou so much it is absolutely perfect! I love it! Thank YOU!

Ashley said...

(showing Gracie the pictures)
Come look at this! Angi made it!
i LOVE it!
-Gabi-

turleybenson said...

Why am I crying right now? Angi, you are hands down the coolest.

ellen said...

It's so cute and basically you are awesome! I miss you.

Ashley said...

Love it...so cute...and so sweet. Prayers for Gabi.

Meg said...

Oh my gosh that is so so so cute and kind. You are an amazing person. Love it.

Ashley said...

I love you SOO munch Angi! You can come to my bithday!

*Gabi

The Hardys said...

How sweet, you are the best aunt!

Melissa said...

What a great idea! So thoughtful and so cute. Gabi will look darling in that and so fashionable!