Monday, September 20, 2010

The Chalet

 
My best friend from forever invited us for a weekend at their newly renovated cabin we named The Chalet. 
This is my favorite part, it is what used to be the store-front of this, the first gas station in the area.  The store-front now divides the two large living areas.  The Chalet has also served as a candy/convenience store in a past life.
 We ate junk and watched movies until way too late on Friday night.
In the morning we headed up to Cascade Springs 
I could blame Addi's pose on a late night and an early morning...buuuut it's pretty typical.
I can't blame my makeup-less looks on anything...also typical.
Treasures of nature.
  
Snake!
We stopped at the Homestead to have a look at the crater but there wasn't much to see from the top.

After a rest C took the little girls out on the lake (conveniently located just across the street) for a paddle around on his surf board. 
It was an amazing weekend one of the best parts was not even documented! The Food!!
Egg, ham, cream cheese and spinach breakfast bagel sandwiches and green curry! to name just two.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Thank you for taking pix! I forgot my camera. . .as usual. It was so fun and we must repeat!

Ashley said...

That looks like fun. I am glad to see you all intact after the snake sighting!


Word Verification: megallm

thought is was appropriate to mention seeing as meg was a huge part of this post ;)