Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the way to December

November was a blur...

We celebrated my parents' birthday on the 16th.
They were born on the same day...5 years apart.
Growing up I thought I had to find someone with my birthday to marry.
"Excuse me sir, were you born on December 11th?"
My Dad is also a twin, he's never had his own birthday.

 I helped out at the Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast.
Each child chose an American Indian name to represent them.
Addi was "Whistling Bird"


There was much leaf clean-up to be done, even in the garage.

 
Next was Thanksgiving.
But before I could enjoy it I had to make 15 aprons.
They were a special order from a customer at a consignment shop I work with.
I was up many a wee hour to finish those things.
Unfortunately I did not get a picture, it was quite an impressive stack, but I think I was so done looking at them I was just happy to get them off my hands....and the check in my pocket!

 Me, Addi and my sweet Grandmother who tells it like it is.

Then the day after Thanksgiving my brother got married!
(and since you're wondering, no, he never makes a normal face in pictures)

 So on top of all of those aprons I also made me and my sisters these ravishing skirts.

 And all of the "little girls" these skirts and hair clips.


The same night we had a small Arlington Ward get together with some of our friends.  It was so nice to see them again and just hang out like it was in the good old days.  I don't have any pictures of that either but I'm hoping to swipe a few from EP.

UPDATE:
EP came through!!!
 Here she is with us, no, that is not our red-headed stepchild.
 Julie, Ellen, Angi...just looking good!
 Arlington Girls

5 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

I CAN imagine you asking every guy you met, "Were you born on Dec 11.....?" just to make sure you were entirely compatible. Cute.

Love the skirts you made! You gals are hotties, huh? My goodness. A family of models.

I need your address!! "Tis the season!" jenifersweeney@gmail.com

SLP said...

Loooooooooooooooooooove the hot momma skirts and the little girl skirts were ADORABLE.
Sooo wish you were here :0
Hugs,
S

Rhiannon said...

This is the first I heard of the aprons. That is awesome! Wish I coulda seen them. I can't believe you had that to do & all the cute wedding skirts (not to mention fixing my dress) Simply amazing!

Meg said...

UUMMMMMM WOW! I don't know how I missed this post before. You have been BUSY! That is so impressive I cannot even imagine doing all of that. Ever. Let alone in one month. You are my hero.
I LOVE the skirts. I want one. Can you also make me some long, sexy legs like the ones pictured to go with it?
WHAT CONSIGNMENT STORE?

stuutz blog-e-blog said...

angi
hi it's me diana, your long lost friend from the next street over. we should hang out after the holidays are over and your hands heal from all that sewing. i like it when i look at your blog and also get to see my cousin. thank you for that. julie is great. we should hang out with her too since she lives so close now. you are super cute and so is your family. send me an email and i'll invite you to my blog -it's a secret so you need a password to get in ;) it's not as great as yours but it gets the job done. merry christmas!
di
distutz@gmail.com