Sunday, December 5, 2010

Third Place Goes To...

So the story goes like this:  
Addi was minding her own business in Kindergarten Friday.
When the Principal got on the intercom and started to announce the Reflections Contest winners.
All of a sudden out of the clear blue sky, Addi heard her name, she jumped out of her chair and started asking,
"What do I do? Where do I go? They just said my name. What do I do?"
At the end of the Principal's announcement she said that the prizes would be delivered to the winners' classrooms.
And was this little third place winner of the K-2nd grade Literature division ever thrilled.
In the car on the way home from school she said,
"When I found out that I won, I felt like I could cry, happy cry.  But I didn't.  I still feel like I could cry right now.  But I won't because I don't want to."

Then later that day:
"Can somebody calm me down, I need somebody to calm me down, I'm just so excited, can somebody please calm me down."



Her Prize
Two certificates 
(one participation, one third place)
Ribbon
Free Happy Meal from McDonalds
1 free pass to Clark Planetarium

Third Place Winning Story
(Theme: Together We Can)

My Friends Help
By Adelaide Wood
Today when I was at school I was climbing up the play car and I fell down.  And my friends gathered around me cause I skinned my knee and my friend Abby in my class helped me go to the teacher's room.  My Mom didn't know where the bandaids are because it was her work day at school.  She stuffs envelopes for the children.  My teacher wasn't back cause she went somewhere in the school.  But then when I cam in from recess I asked my teacher if she had any band-aids.  And she said, "yes." And my owie was feeling better. By Addi.

(incidentally this is a true story)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Beautifully penned. I, too, felt tears coming on as I read this story of the winning story. What a star. I love how proud she is of herself, and she should! WHat a great girl!

Rhiannon said...

Oh, I love this story so much that I wanted to laugh out in tears!