Thursday, June 30, 2011

First Meet

Ever since we pulled Addi out of her pre-comp team and started private technique lessons with Casey and Dad, she has been looking forward to this day.
Her FIRST SWIM MEET!!
We put her on a little county team, the Stingrays, and she's loving it.
Her cousins came to cheer her on, she's pointing out her events on the heat sheet.
She is in the 8 and under category and the only 6 year-old in the meet.
 Just before her first race, they called out her name and lane and she saluted the crowd with a hearty wave.
 On her mark...waiting for the buzzer...
 And she's off!
 This is her first race, a 25 Yard Freestyle.
I don't want to brag but all those girls behind her are 8...I'm just saying...
 Second race, 25 Yard Breaststroke, she was smiling nearly every time she came up for air.
 This is her third and final event the 50 Free
This was a combined heat so that little pink cap is her and everyone else is between 8 and 10 years-old...I just feel like I can't reiterate that enough...because I'm a bragger I guess.
 Home stretch.
Meet...accomplished.
Second place in every event...not too shabby.

1 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I hope you guys had a "real" celebration last night to honor Miss Addi & her ribbons.