Monday, January 23, 2012

7th Birthday Craziness

I don't know how it happens but since we've been in Utah Addi's birthday has turned into a 3-day event!
I tried to avoid that this year...to no avail.
 She had a pool party on Friday night, she invited every friend and every family member.
(So as to avoid multiple mini-celebrations)
There were 18 children...at a pool party...I don't know what I was thinking.
Being responsible for that many lives, or as I thought of them, possible drowning victims was a leeetle stressful.

Luckily, I did have Randall, my brothers and sister to send in the water. While my Mother and I patrolled the pool from the deck.

So that you can read on without suspense there were no drownings...or even near drownings, a feat I can only credit to the Almighty.
 There were friends and gifts galore!


 I constructed an ice cream sandwich "cake" for its easy grab and go and rinse off in the pool convenience.

 Addi & A in their team suits
 It was pretty much swimming mayhem for a solid 2 hours...again I'm just relieved that no one died.
 They were never all in the same place at once, so this is the best I could do for a group shot.

 It is possible that the best part of the party was watching the real-live ninjas practicing as we were leaving.

 (Kendo?)

Then on Sunday Grandma got Addi a beautiful cake with her name on it.
 She was very excited.  She wanted to save the flowers, so they were displayed on a plate for all to apppreciate.
 Then on Monday morning one of Addi's friends (we still don't know who) surprised her with a Happy Birthday poster on the garage door.
 I think this is such a cute and thoughtful idea.
It doesn't take too much time or effort and Addi felt incredibly special.
Happy 7th Addi.

1 comments:

Lizzy said...

Happy birthday addi... I love how ben is in the background for the first two pics. awe benny