Saturday, February 16, 2008

SICKO!

The Sunday before last I was looking at my calendar and thinking about what a busy week I had coming up, "I'll be glad when it's all over" I thought...little did I know how true that statement would be. I RARELY get sick but on that Monday I wasn't feeling very well and by the end of the day I was feeling bad and by the next day I was feeling terrible. I had a headache, fever, and a sore throat and I was feeling dizzy. I took a handful of pills and gritted through Joy School. I hoped that I'd be fully recovered by the next Joy School on Thursday. But I wasn't, I was just getting worse and worse. Poor Saydi had to pick up all of my slack. I had agreed to help the young women with a craft project and I coudn't do it...I felt so bad and disapointed...I'd really wanted to do that. But we did drop off the ribbons to the young women on the way to the hospital. Apparently they don't have Insta-care's here or any after hours clinics that I could find so we headed on over to Melrose-Wakefield Hospital for a strep test. I felt horrible. I was curled up in a ball in the waiting room and was clenching my teeth so I wouldn't pass out. Addi had similar symptoms but they ddin't seem as severe (thank goodness). So we both went in for a strep test and three hours later we walked out having found out that it was "just a virus." I felt so embarrassed, and dumb but I wasn't making it up! I slowly started to feel better over the next couple of days. Randall and Addi were at my beck and call. And WONDERFUL friends sent dinners. Saydi, amidst taking over all of my responsibilites, and running a busy schedule of her own found time to make us a delicious meal...she's amazing. Towards the end of my virus I developed a sinus infection. The pain was profound and I was so frustrated at how light-headed I felt. I couldn't do anything! I don't think I've ever been sicker than I was this last week and I have probably never been more thankful to be healthy again. I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends who shared concern and the fruits of their kitchen's. And especially to Randall who took off 3 days of school and studying to cook, clean, and care for me.


I look horrible but this was me for days, bent over a bowl of boiling eucalyptus water. I love that Addi is peeking out, she was very concerned about me and since I've recovered we've been playing nurse and patient a lot. She pretends to be the nurse at the hosptital and she'll take my vitals and my medical history before she tells me that it doesn't loook good.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

RYAN said...

i can't blieve how sick you got. but you must have caught what i had a couple of weeks ago. it just takes a few weeks to sweep the the east coast.