Thursday, June 12, 2008

Joy School Graduation

As we pulled up to the clubhouse where we were having the graduation I was kicking myself because I had forgotten my video camera. The girls had been practicing their program for weeks and I would have no record of it!!
Fortunately by the end of the night I was thankful that I'd left the video recorder home...yes, it was that bad.

I have decided that it must have been the time of day (around bed-time for most of the girls) that produced the surly bunch we were trying to get to stand still, sing and smile.
It started with the handing out of the thank you's to the teachers we thought it would be fun if each girl gave a mother besides their own the thank you, but when the girls figured this out they systematically broke down when another girl gave THEIR MOTHER a prize.
After nearly a half-hour of re-grouping the girls were standing in their line, smiling with tear stained faces and singing with all their hearts when Charlie (honorary Joy School member) came up to the girls and gave each one a direct blow that put them right on their hind quarters.
(Addi was not hit because she was still in the hall crying about not giving me the thank you prize)
We couldn't get them to do anything without being met with wails, collapses, and stubbornness.
At least one child was crying at all times and every child, even the mildest ones, were crying at some point.

We survived, and I'm glad that I have these nice quiet pictures to trick me into remembering a cute, sweet event.

We're hoping to have better luck next year.


Walking to receive diploma


I DID IT!!


The Graduates


Class of 2008
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

RYAN said...

HA HA HA OH MY GOSH! ADDI IS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT HER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:) I LOVE THE TOMATO STORY TOO!!