Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweet+Weekend=Sweekend

We went down to RI this weekend to hang out with the Kennedy's and did tons of this:
I know this picture is blurry but that expression is hilar.
We had an herbal tea lesson from Tadd so now I feel perfectly proper.
Just a hop, skip and a jump away from the compound are the polo grounds where they have a match every Saturday night.
The US was playing Ireland and it was awesome!
I don't really know anything about polo but it is just fun to watch and very fast paced.
It was quite an extravagant affair, everyone with their fancy picnics with candelabras, wine and stinky cheese.
I just wish I had a floppy hat to wear.


They line up to start each 7min. period or chukka?



We came at the end of half time so we didn't get to put the divets back in the field but it looked like the kids had that well in hand.

Ireland won and at the very end the spectators lined the field while all of the players (8 in all) rode around the field and slapped everyone's hand...it was SWEET! I'm looking forward to more polo...I'm just that sophisticated.

0 comments: