Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I have begun training for a marathon at the end of the summer.
I wasn't really telling anyone (except Randall and my brother-in-law Ben who tells me how far to run every day) because I was a little embarrassed.
I am not a "REAL" runner.
I am not intending to become a "REAL" runner.
I just want to try it out and see if I like it.

This Saturday Ben convinced me to run 5K.
And once Addi found out, the cat, as they say, was out of the bag.

It was really fun.
(please excuse the photography, the blur in the middle is me)
 This is my pre-race stance.
It psychs out the other runners.

 This is me displaying my confidence level to the crowd.
I. MEAN. BUSINESS.

At the very end I did a really spectacular jump that Randall took a picture of...or would have, if the lens cap hadn't been on....I'm bummed because I really gave it my all on that jump.

That's right baby coming in 301st out of 1,574 runners!!
Those are my VICTORY arms.
(I even hit my goal of going under 30min. --29:14 yea!)
I'm kind of making fun of it here but it felt good...
add 23.1 more miles and I don't know how good I'll be feeling.  
I'll let you know at the end of the summer.

8 comments:

Turbo said...

Well done! Good luck with your training :)

Meg said...

What can't you do? Nothing! You are unstoppable. Seriously. You are inspiring. I love it. I hope you have so much fun on your trip. Addi is the luckiest babe in the world to have a mama like you. I am sad that we never rescheduled our dinner party. Maybe when you get back.

Oh, and one word:

RAGNAR

ellen said...

I've got two letters for you: B.M.



(Boston Marathon)

RYAN said...

I hope for evidence after you do this. AKA stickers on the back of your car, hoodies, water bottles... I won't believe it till it's flashing in my eyes & no, pictures don't really count.

Ashley said...

You have the longest and skinniest extremities, I sure hope you didn't kill anyone with all the fist flyin' and victory arms. I can't WAIT for the marathon!!

Donna said...

I would have been totally psyched out by your pre-race stance. Probably would have turned around and gone home. :)

Go Angi!

The Hardys said...

That's great WAY TO GO!!

Kirstin said...

Sooo....is the lady behind you in your pre-race picture wearing a fanny pack? Because THAT would have psyched me out.

Good luck with your training...it's addicting!