Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School

Addi's first day of first grade was really last week.  I've been trying to get these pictures up here and yelling at blogger
...and wouldn't you know...user error.

I forgot that I had my settings all funky from this family photo shoot I did. (samples later)

Anyway, here she is in all her shining first grade glory.
This is the first year for her to ride the bus and to bring her lunch to school, she couldn't be more excited.
She is in a Chinese dual immersion program where she is taught  in Chinese (Math and Science) the first part of the day and English (English and Social Studies) the second part of the day.
She is loving it, and doing quite well, from what Chinese speaking family members tell me.


My contemplative child.

...and on to first grade with nary a backward glance.

And now you are asking yourself what is Angi doing with all of that delicious free time, now that her one and only child is in school 7 hours of the day...well I'll tell you.
I just got a part-time job as an administrative assistant (I'm a good typer)
I'm getting close to my marathon so my training runs take about 1-2 hours a day.
(I have to do those before the sun comes up so I can be back, showered and ready before I have to get Addi ready and her piano practiced before school because Grandma teaches lessons all afternoon.)
I also keep practicing my piano and I am a slow learner I think because it takes me at least an hour every day.
Then with whatever time is left (the hour between when I get off work and when Addi comes home) I do my new duties as the Primary President.

6 comments:

Bardsleyland said...

Go Addi!

Wait are you kidding about the whole Chinese thing? Chinese speaking family members? What???

Congrats on the job, and Primary Pres, and the marathon running. Go Angi!

Turbo said...

Hahahah. The pose in that second photo is boss. I love it.

Ashley said...

Wonder Woman! Just when you think you're gonna have some time it's snatched right up! Ni hao Addi!

Meg said...

You are amazing. I don't know how you do it. Your child is amazing. I want to be you. I want Lily to be Addi. Wanna switch lives? Friday the 13th this one? Seriously, you are my inspiration.

The Hardys said...

That is so neat about the Chinese. Kids are so smart, they are little sponges, she will soak that up and remember a lot of it her whole life. Your job and running sound so fun, what a great new phase of motherhood and life!

Sweeney Household said...

You are keeping yourself much busier and more productive than I am! A marathon. A job. Primary President (lucky lucky ward).

That is the coolest thing that Addi is learning Chinese.

Ni hao kai lan is about all I know. :)