Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A New Resolution

I don't make new year's resolutions.
To write a list of resolutions, to me, is to write a list of my failings.
I try hard to be good every day and to be better tomorrow.
I don't need the pressure of a list hanging over my head.

But this statement from Sister Hinckley speaks to my soul.
It is my now and forever resolution.
We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” Marjorie Hinckley

2 comments:

ellen said...

I'm going to print that and put it on my wall. Thanks, Pres. Wood. :)

Meg said...

I love this. I love this. I love this. Thank you for sharing it with me. . .everyone.