Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day

 Second Grade.
It's here.
She was pretending that she wasn't excited to start school.
But she didn't fool me.


With the sun blaring in their eyes this is Addi and the boy across the street who comes to pick her up for school every morning...and I mean every morning.
 So this may or may not be news, it was my first day of school too.
No, not for myself...I'm still wishing for that day.
I am working at an elementary school in Addi's district.
I am a special education aide.
There is never a dull moment in our classroom we have a mix of different children with various disabilities.
It is constant, and often physical work but those kids are so cute and they just love you from the first moment.
It is challenging but I think it will be good for the soul.
 Ok, you can stop laughing at my hair now.
I have a very narrow head and in the morning I it is very...full.
But it goes down to regular person width in an hour or so.
At this point Addi is beyond done with first day of school pictures.

4 comments:

bostonshumways said...

You guys are both so cute! I can't believe our little baby girls have started second grade!

You look fantastic (love the hair....and the green pants! I want some)

I'm so happy you're in a classroom, those kids have got to LOVE having you there. I wish you could forever teach my children.

ellen said...

I love Addi. And your Utah hair. :)

Meg said...

You are both darling. I am excited to hear more about your job.

Ashley said...

hahahahahaha How did you know I was looking at your hair?!?!?! You are so funny! Plus can I say I LOVE your outfit! I want to wear that! Love your pants!!!!!