Sunday, December 20, 2015

D-Land


Randall's parents LOVE Disneyland.
In fact, they love it so much they decided to take the whole family on a Disney vacation!
We spend a full 5 days in the happiest place on earth and we really enjoyed ourselves.
I was able to take my second to last math test early so it was a nearly math-free week!  And as it was the week before Thanksgiving that was something I was truly thankful for.


We hung out mostly with Addi and her cousin Ashley.
They are the same age and they love each other so much! They don't get to spend nearly enough time together since we moved away.  They were inseparable, they had a sleepover in Grandma's room every night.

Addi and Ashley chatted in line about everything under the sun.
...books, animals, sports...you name it.



Here is the selfie that almost tore this family apart.
Kidding.
But seriously, these two lovelies don't always love to get their picture taken... but if they could just pretend for one shot to look happy and not like they were in pain then we wouldn't have to take 254 just to get one good one!
I'm totally over it...as you can tell.
Oh man then there was this catastrophe (in my shallow and single-minded thoughts)
I thought, hey! why not do a family photo that we could possibly use for the Christmas Card.
We had a coupon for a free print at the photo spot at the end of Splash Mountain.
So one day when I had actually washed my hair I marched my little family to this spot, and guess what. No Photographer.  I asked around and they said the photographer should be there any time... well how many minutes are in an "anytime" when you are 10 waiting at the end of a really fun ride,  So I let Addi go on the ride with her cousins with strict instructions to sit in the back and to NOT GET WET! ...which, to be fair is unreasonable.
The photographer showed up sometime between the time she left and when she got off the ride completely soaked.
I am ashamed to say that I really almost lost it.
We had been waiting for that darn guy for almost an hour and now he was here and my child was soaked to the bone.
I tried to have her stand in the sun, to lay over a warm trash can to try and get that shirt dry-ish.
To no avail.
I finally just had her turn her shirt around backward and hope it didn't look to obvious.
Clearly, It did not work.
No Christmas card photo this time.
The character breakfast is really fun...I still can't eat mac and cheese for breakfast though...
Oh the classic Dumbo.
It breaks my heart a little to see how much she's grown up.

(2011)


My version of Micky ears. Ha!
Randall and I had a mini-date while the girls went with Grandma.

...and because yes, we are 'those people' too cheap to buy the pictures you get a picture of the screen.






Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Wood who make amazing memories for their grandchildren.

0 comments: