Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grandpa's Orchard

My Grandpa Gourley passed away or "croaked" as he would be pleased to phrase it, 9 years ago next month.  He and my Grandmother have lived in the same home since before I was born.  It is directly under the "G" on the mountain in Pleasant Grove, Utah.  He used to tell us that the "G" stood for Gourley.  And it may well be true. It was his father who put it up there in the first place while he was Principal at PG High.  My Grandpa later became the Principal at PG High.

Behind their home is a large orchard where I spent many a summer picking cherries, apricots, plums, apples and pears.  I'm pretty sure I've climbed every tree in that orchard.  Behind their property is nothing but mountain.  We loved to hike and explore, we were always on the lookout for arrow-heads the Indians left behind. It was a tradition to hike to the "G" every Easter and have a picnic.  That is, until my sister fell off of it and had to be life-flighted out of there but we picked it back up a few years later.

This year we had our family photos in Grandpa's Orchard.

I guess I'm making it sound all sentimental so you won't think I'm stealing other peoples ideas...which I am...un-repentantly....sorry Saydi.














 OUT-TAKES


7 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Love them! I may have to copy you & get pictures there some day. With a big wooden ladder & some overalls.

ellen said...

Nice photos!

Angela said...

Awesome pictures. Love the outtakes, you crack me up!

bostonshumways said...

love them angi. makes me miss you guys more than ever.

Unknown said...

I like that outtake with the leg--that, right there, is the one for the holiday card.

megan said...

B-E-A-Utiful! Love all of them!! I'd like to see a little more leg, Randall. Angi-can you please come over and hold my baby? She's been crying for 30 minutes now and I'm trying to eat my lunch!!! She needs you...you are magic with my babies.

TGP said...

Miss you guys so much! You look great.