Sunday, September 23, 2012

2nd Time's a Charm?

Well, it better be because I am NOT doing this again!
After last year's marathon (19 miles of excruciating hip pain) I felt the need for redemption.
I'd worked so hard and to have to basically drag my left leg avec accoutrements through most of the race was frustrating.
I want to be able to put in the 38.4 million hours it takes to train and feel good about the race.
Is that too much to ask?
Exactly.
So. I've decided to give it one last go.
I'll be running the St. George Marathon on October 6th

I will be doing half marathons after that I think.
I just don't have the time to put in to all the training you need for a marathon.
Plus, I actually do not really enjoy running.*
It's just that I look so dang good in my skinny jeans when I'm running that it would be almost criminal to deprive the world of that level of hotness.

*It is possible that part of this is because my computer has been packed (with everything else I own) for over two years and I have not been able to update the 23 songs on Randall's ipod. 90's rap can only entertain you for so long, yo.

1 comments:

M & S said...

Your amazing A! I have no plans to even run 1 marathon. Here's to a smooth 2nd one!